Friday, September 19, 2008

Holiday in Cambodia

Strange doings on this trip. A whirlwind across Cambodia. To tell the truth, too much to say about what I've seen thus far. The Killing Fields beyond Phnom Penh. Eating fried Tarantula at a guides house. Watching the rice paddies stream past outside the window. Dirty children with some of the sweetest smiles I have ever seen. The legacy of Buddhism somehow outshining the legacy of genocide. The ruins of Angkor Wat, the great ancient temple complex, tumbling into the jungle.

Yes, I'm cheating. But no one is reading, that I know of. I plan to post some photos and more observations. But most likely nothing before we head to Bangkok tomorrow for a couple last days on this side of the planet. And, then, back home to sort my notes and try to write for real.....

No comments: